Maybe you are fed up with all the “Make 2017 Your Best Year Ever” hype but….
The truth is if you want to succeed at something you need to be clear about what it is that you want to achieve and then you need to put a plan in place on how you are going to achieve this.
For 2017, I have set my intentions for both my business and my personal life and I was wondering if you had done this to?
The reason I’ve started to reflect on the past and set goals for the future, is because I have found that it works for me. I achieve more when I’m clear about what it is I want. Setting goals also makes me strive further.
If you haven’t already taken a moment to think about what it is you want from this new year then I have a great exercise that could help you.
I have grown to really enjoy this process each year and this year I found the following questions particularly helpful.
You have 2 options on how you do this exercise:
1. You can listen to the audio at your own pace, pausing it if you need more time to reflect on the questions posed.
2. You can just go through the questions I listed at the end of this post.
Let me know how it works out for you.
If you are completely stuck on which areas of your life you should be focusing on, then download this helpful Circle of Life exercise here.
Please leave comments below.
Here’s to a glowing 2017…
Transcript to the audio
Step 1: Set aside 20 – 30 minutes to do this
Step 2: Get a pen/pencil and paper
Step 3: Find somewhere quiet
Step 4: Turn off ALL distractions
Step 5: Take 3 deep breaths and smile
Now I want you to imagine your life like circle and each of the following representing a piece of the pie
We are going to go through some questions. You can just listen and keep your thoughts in your head or you can right them down on your piece of paper. No matter which way works best for you, you will at the end of this process be clearer about your goals for 2017.
So here we go….
- What was your biggest achievement in 2016? – go through these areas in your life and think about what you achieved in each area (health, career, relationships, social life, spirituality, creativity, home cooking, home environment, finances, fitness.)
- What were your happiest moments in 2016? – was it an event, holiday, achievement, who were they with….
- What were your biggest disappointments? – what did you want to achieve but didn’t
- Why lessons did you learn? – good or bad and how can you grow from these…
- What big goals do you want to achieve in 2017? – In which areas are these goals, how do you want to feel about achieving these goals
- Why am I committed to these goals? – the why is important, why do you want to achieve these goals, what will your life look like once you have achieved them…
- How can I make sure I achieve these goals? – what actions can I take to get closer to my goal…
- What daily habits can I perform to ensure I achieve these goals? – change my diet, do more exercise, spend more time with the family, live with less….
Congratulations for going through the questions you should be feeling clearer about what it is you want to achieve and how you are going to get there.
Now make the decision that 2017 is going to be BRILLIANT! (Don’t forget to share ; )
Leave a Reply